Sunday, August 28, 2005

Co-dependency Is Never A Good Thing

Sometimes you just have to know when to draw the line. Alcoholism is a nasty thing. What makes it worse is that the alcoholic usually ends up effecting other people with what their doing. Usually that person is their friends.

Let's just say that I have a friend who is driving the rest of us a little nuts. Everyday it's the same thing. The problem is that like most alcoholics he's the greatest guy when he is sober. The problem is that we can never tell when that is. He's extremely hard to talk to, and he's gotten to the point of asking us to do everything. It's like we're his maid's. He sneaks it and he's already lost his boyfriend because of it. It's a total mess.

Of course, I'm 29 years old and the last thing I want to do is to babysit a 32 year old man, so I basically had to tell him that we won't be talking to each other anymore. It hurts me dearly, but I had to do it. I have way too many other things going on in my life at the moment to have to deal with that. Besides, I've done everything that I can do minus live his life for him. He needs to learn to make his own mistakes and paying the consequences for actions that he creates. He's always had someone who was willing do that for him. I'm definitely not that person.

Why can't I make normal friends?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home